Tuesday, January 24, 2012

my less serious day: tick tock

I have no idea why, but reading the mundane details of others' lives captivates me. Since my life is quite fascinating*, I thought I'd change up this week's my less serious day post and give you an hour by hour breakdown.

*If you are fascinated by working out and eating a lot, that is.

5:50 AM. Wake up (even though my alarm was set for 6:00 AM). I am horrible at laying in bed once I'm awake.

5:50 - 6:00 AM. Feed the dog (L), let L pee, let myself pee, and boot up my computer.

6:00 - 6:30 AM. Eat pre-run fuel: 1/2 banana, 1/2 mug black coffee, 1 pint of water. Upload my blog post and check e-mail/facebook/twitter/pinterest/weather.com. The important things in life.

6:30 - 7:30 AM. Workout: 30-minute run at working pace with the pup + post-run walk + stretching. Shower and put PJ's back on.

  
7:30 - 8:00 AM. Eat breakfast: 2 pints of water + a bowl of Kashi GoLean Original mixed with Post Great Grains Raisin, Date, and Pecan cereals, 1/2 sliced banana, almond milk and more coffee. Enjoy breakfast while reading blogs.

8:00 - 8:20 AM. Dry my hair, get dressed, put on makeup.

Top, cardigan, & skirt: LOFT; belt: Banana outlet; tights: Target; necklace: gifted via mom; shoes: Tsubos.

8:20 - 8:22 AM. Commute to work. Be jealous.

8:22 - 12:30 PM. Work. Ya know, curing cancer and things like that.


12:30 - 1:30 PM. Home for lunch. Pacific Natural roasted red pepper and tomato soup, a piece of whole wheat toast, and a salad beast with spinach, raw cabbage, grape tomatoes, baby Bella mushrooms, roasted red peppers, hummus, and rice vinegar. Eat lunch while watching a ridiculously old episode of Take Home Chef via Netflix. Take outfit pictures, pack afternoon snack, let L out, do not do the dishes.


1:30 - 4:50 PM. Work. And at some point, okay at exactly 3:00, I eat my afternoon snack: a watery Gala apple and almonds

4:50 - 5:30 PM. Drive to the gym and change into workout gear.

5:30 - 6:30 PM. Workout: 60-minute Body Pump class.

6:30 - 8:00 PM. Drive home, feed L and take care of her drama, tidy the house (put those dishes away and fold the laundry), shower, and put PJ's on. Cook dinner.


8:00 - 8:30 PM. Eat dinner on the couch while watching another ridiculously old episode of Take Home Chef (I may have developed a mild crush). Tonight's dinner was caramelized Brussels sprouts with toasted walnuts and sweet potato fries with smoked paprika and drizzled in ketchup.


8:30 - 9:00 PM. Do the dishes and work on my blog. In fact, right now it is 8:42 and I am writing these very words. Creeeepy.


9:00 - 10:00 PM. Turn the computer off, enjoy something mindless on TV, and eat dessert: Quaker Oat Bran cereal and chocolate chips.

10:00 - 10:30 PM. Prep coffee pot for the morning, let L out, get ready for bed, get in bed and read. Asleep by 10:30 PM.

And that, my friends, was all you ever wanted to know and more about my less serious day on Monday, January 23.

12 comments:

  1. Love the super-short commute! Mine is less than a mile too, so when the traffic light gods are smiling on me, I can get there pretty quickly as well, and that always makes my day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute outfit! :)
    ~Karen
    http://fashionboardconfessional.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love reading about schedules too! I am a planning/schedule freak...lol! I'm jealous that you are a morning person and can get up that early to take the pup for a walk..I got almost 12 HOURS of sleep last night and STILL could not wake up this morning.. :/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I guess I love reading about schedules too - I haven't read anyone's yet but I really enjoyed reading this one haha. It's funny that people who work have quite similar schedules. I too work from 8:30-5 and read blogs while eating breakfast, but I only do the workout in the evening, I don't have the early morning part! I can't move much in the morning, it takes me a while to wake up haha. Maybe it's because I don't drink coffee...hmm...no idea!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like a pretty great day! I am obsessed with body pump, and very impressed that you do that AND run in the morning :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. For the first time in my life last night, I sliced Brussels sprouts thin and pan-cooked them. And oh my goodness. Again and again, please!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. did it change your life? because i bet it did.

      Delete
  7. You manage your time so well! And yes, very jealous of your commute. And your hour lunch break :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Okay this is too funny because I woke up and was like I am going to take pictures of my day today! than I just read this and it affirmed that I wish you were my next door neighbor!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This was so interesting to read! :) I love that you workout twice a day!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete