Monday, January 9, 2012

weekend review: the pressure is off

This weekend's cooking was made less stressful with the help of my crockpot on Saturday night and my boyfriend on Sunday night. Sometimes there is nothing like sitting on the couch while your dinner cooks away without you...

 Figure 1. In preparation (before cooking): Edible Perspective's crockpot lentil sloppy joes.

Figure 2. In preparation: garlic-roasted kale and Kath's sweet potato fries sprinkled with cinnamon and salt.

Figure 3. Saturday night's dinner (33% made by my crockpot): lentil sloppy joes, sweet potato fries (which I later drizzled in honey), and garlic-roasted kale. These sloppy joes taste just like the real thing and are easy to toss together and let the crockpot do the work.

Figure 4. Sunday night's dinner (90% made by my boyfriend): sausage ragu over creamy polenta and roasted broccoli. Have you had polenta? I think this may be my new food obsession.

4 comments:

  1. yum all of this looks so good! i love polenta! and lentil sloppy joes are so darn tasty! I will have to add that to my menu next week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmm, that all looks delicious! I've tried using polenta a couple of times but I don't think I quite got it right... your meal looks fantastic, so I should really give it another go!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks fabulous! And lucky you for finding a guy who cooks for you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mmm...I love when meals practically cook themselves!
    I got a crock pot for Christmas and am so excited to test it out. This looks like a perfect first recipe! Plus, I've been craving a good, vegetarian sloppy joe. (:
    Glad you had such a lovely weekend!

    ReplyDelete