Monday, February 4, 2013

weekend review: kardashians > super bowl

Figure 1. In the crock pot: crock pot spinach lasagna. Some things, my dear friends, were just not meant to be made in the crock pot. I fear lasagna may be one of them...

Figure 2. Friday night's dinner: crock pot spinach lasagna and a spinach salad with honey Dijon vinaigrette. This poor lasagna turned out dry - either my crock pot is super powerful (I turned it off after 5 hours as the recipe called for) - or lasagna is just better suited for the oven.

Figure 3. Saturday night's dinner: almond crusted tilapia, sharp cheddar yogurt cornbread, and caramelized Brussels sprouts. Everything about this meal was 100% delicious!

Figure 4. Sunday night's appetizer spread for the Super Bowl?: blue corn chips and salsa, raw veggies with roasted garlic Greek yogurt dip (delicious).

Figure 5. Sunday night's dinner: grilled corn, mushroom, and roasted poblano tacos with chipotle crema. The boyfriend and I ate this Mexican-inspired feast with the intentions to watch the Super Bowl - even if just for the commercials. This quickly turned into watching the Kardashians Take Miami and Rachel and Guy's Celebrity Cook Off. Win.

Figure 6. Sunday night's sweet treat: perfect brownies for two. Or, as it turned out, mostly for me...

8 comments:

  1. Awwr that's a shame about the lasagna... I'll be honest and admit that the idea always seemed strange to me, but I had high hopes of making lasagna in the crock pot... I've seen people make cakes in crock pots, so I'm hoping those aren't the same kind of disasters...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh now a cake in a crock pot - i should try that too!

      Delete
  2. whoa I am a huge fan of tilapia but never tried it crusted, looks great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. the crust on this tilapia was DELICIOUS!

      Delete
  3. Hmm...I've made the Grit's Spinach Lasagna in the crockpot before and it turned out great? Maybe you should try 4 hours instead of 5?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. if i ever make it again - that is what i'll do. weird.

      Delete
  4. Yay! I'm so glad you enjoyed the brownies for two :)

    I made that crockpot lasagna recipe as well and I think it was done after 3.5-4 hours. I'm glad I made it on a weekend when I was home to catch it, because if it was a weekday, it would have burnt to a crisp while I was at work!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've loved seeing everyone's superbowl snacks!

    ReplyDelete