Monday, August 13, 2012

weekend review: tag team

Some things have changed recently. I began a new job, moved into my first house, and now live with my lovely boyfriend, M. Good thing he is a health-conscious eater and not too bad in the kitchen. We are still working on how to balance weekday food preparation (he isn't too sure about my Monday night veggie-egg scrambles), but this weekend I'd say we did a pretty good job at combining forces to create two delicious meals.

Figure 1. Saturday night's dinner (courtesy of M): enchiladas with cilantro avocado creme sauce made with shredded chicken instead of black beans alongside a romaine lettuce salad (I am and always will be in charge of salads) with this spicy southwestern vinaigrette. 
 
Figure 2. Sunday night's dinner (my turn in charge): grilled blueberry BBQ salmon served over polenta and with a side of roasted asparagus. I made the sauce, polenta, and asparagus and M took the salmon to the outdoor grill (and did the dishes). Perfection.

12 comments:

  1. Both of these meals look great! Salmon and blueberry sauce must be an interesting combination :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. YESSS for y'all moving in together...that means the long distance stint is over, right? I'm so happy for you two, seriously.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes! it does mean that. he moved back (and in!) a week ago. soooo happy! thanks :)

      Delete
  3. oh my gosh drooling. These look amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You always get me with these meals. LOVE the collaboration between you and the bf.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that you two are working on a system for collaborating in the kitchen! Having someone else that is conscious about their eating habits makes such a big difference. You're going to have so much fun coming up with recipes- I can see it already!

    I hope you're getting all settled in. I can't wait to see pictures of the house as it comes together! (:

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha i know i need to take some house pictures for you guys!

      Delete
  6. You're food is so wholesome! I have a healthy food blog for students (http://hungryandpoor.tumblr.com/) and try to make lots of fresh and delicious food but you have inspired me to try harder to use more fresh ingredients and cut back to basics, i think i get carried away a bit sometimes and forget how good simple food is! Keep it up, from Amara x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks amara. i'm checking your blog out now!

      Delete
  7. i'm going to try that blueberry bbq sauce. i watched an episode of diners, drive-ins and dives where they went to a place in co that does blueberry bbq ribs. i wasn't so sure about it the idea with ribs, but i think it would taste wonderful with salmon!

    ReplyDelete