Tuesday, October 23, 2012

the salad dressing experiment: lemon oregano vinaigarette

As you may have read (or should certainly read now), I recently started experimenting with creating my own salad dressings and began the salad dressing experiment. First up, lemon oregano vinaigrette.


This easy dressing required no special equipment and is a great use for leftover fresh oregano. This dressing is simple, delicious, and fresh. Originally, I served this dressing with a mixed green salad with grape tomatoes, kalamata olives, and feta cheese.


Ingredient line-up: kosher salt, honey, apple cider vinegar, olive oil, the juice of 1 lemon, fresh ground black pepper, and fresh oregano.


Chop.


For this dressing, I used a Tupperware container to combine all the ingredients and then shook to combine. You could also use a whisk.


Fresh lemon juice makes all the difference.


Ready to shake.


After shaking!

Lemon Oregano Vinaigrette (original recipe here)

Ingredients:
4 tablespoons olive oil
2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
1 tsp honey
1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
Fresh ground pepper
Several sprigs fresh oregano (or substitute about 1 teaspoon dried)


Chop the fresh oregano. In a small Tupperware container, add olive oil, fresh lemon juice, cider vinegar, honey, kosher salt, fresh ground pepper to taste, and fresh oregano. Shake to combine. Enjoy.

5 comments:

  1. There really isn't much better than fresh herbs as seasonings - everything tastes so bold! I bet this would be a great marinade for chicken too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks delicious Sara! I have some leftover fresh basil that I bet would be good in this!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks great! I think my mom would love this dressing (she's a big fan of both lemon and oregeno)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yum! I would really like to do this more often. And I usually choose lemon over a lot of other flavors!

    ReplyDelete