Friday, November 30, 2012

20 health questions {survey}

Today...something out of the ordinary. A blog survey inspired by one of my favorite blog friends, Amanda

20 health questions.


1. What did you eat for breakfast? Cereal. Always and forever. Specifically, a bowl of Arrowhead puffed wheat, All Bran, cinnamon, a sliced banana, and cow's milk. 


2. How much water do you drink a day? I just bought this 2.2L jug (as inspired by Amanda - I promise I'm not thaaaat creepy) to ensure that I meet my daily water quota. I drank this throughout the day along with 3 pints first thing in the morning and a pint after my run.


3. What is your current  favorite workout? Running. Simply, running.

4. How many calories do you eat a day? Not sure. I try to keep away from keeping detailed calorie counts, although I do aim for ranges for meals - mainly to make sure I'm getting enough to fuel my workouts. I would say I probably do 1,700 - 2,000 depending on my daily acitivity.

 
5. What are your favorite healthy snacks? Apples + nuts; Greek yogurt + cereal; cereal in any form; carrot sticks + peanut butter.

  
6. What do you usually eat for lunch? Salads, salads, and more salads.

7. What is your favorite body part to strength train? Shoulders. 

8. What is your least favorite body part to strength train? Legs. With all the running I do, lunges and squats are painful.


9. What are your “bad” food cravings? For the record, I don't really like to label food good or bad. Chocolate is the best thing in life. Oh, and beer. 

10. Do you take vitamins or supplements? Fish oil.

11. How often do you eat out? Once a week for dinner, sometimes. Eating out is tough with my soy intolerance and I enjoy cooking most evenings. Every now and then I'll go out to lunch with co-workers.

12. Do you eat fast food? No.

13. Who is your biggest supporter? My family. Hands down. I am nothing without my family.

14. Do you have a gym membership? Yes.

15. How many hours of sleep do you get a night? I try for 7-8 hours. My usual bedtime is 10 PM. I wake at 6 AM. 

16. Do you have a “cheat” day?  On weekends I drink alcohol and tend to indulge a bit more than during the week. 


17. Do you drink alcohol? Yes, I believe I already mentioned beer? And wine, mostly red.

18. Do you have a workout buddy? I run solo. Me, my shoes, and the pavement. I do group fitness classes at the gym - so I consider all my gym friends workout buddies. 

19. What is the best thing that has changed about your life since committing to a healthy lifestyle? I am in the best shape of my life. My body responds positively to healthy, whole foods. Becoming healthier has revolutionized the way I think about how I fuel my body.  

20. What was the last healthy thing you did? Finished off my 2.2L water jug and set out a piece of cake for dessert. Health is all about balance, after all. 

13 comments:

  1. This is a great survey! I also run solo :) And chocolate is a beautiful thing. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. indeed chocolate is beautiful, brandi. indeed.

      Delete
  2. So, I haven't had cereal for breakfast in...so long that I don't even remember when it was, but I woke up this morning totally jonesing for one of your mixed kashi bowls. Brainwashing, I tell ya!

    And, pshew thats a lot of water! I'm lucky to get through 3 glasses. My body probably hates me...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha i constantly struggle with dehydration - so this is my new strategy to up my intake. we shall see how it goes.

      Delete
  3. oh goodness we have the same running shoes, love that!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Survey, you say? Challenge accepted.
    1. Cereal (HIGH fiber), Soy Milk, Coffee
    2. Not enough! This is my health vice, I don't drink enough water.
    3. I'm getting back to my roots and digging choreographed cardio (step, dance, etc)
    4. Fitness instructors get in trouble for talking about calories, so: enough to fuel my life and exercise!
    5. Carrots & peanut butter, cottage cheese & jam
    6. SANDWICH - the ultra food
    7. Core
    8. Chest
    9. Wine
    10. Iron supplement (vegetarian female)
    11. I eat out approx. 2 times per week
    12. I can't, my body says "NO"
    13. My sister
    14. I AM the gym. Kidding, yes I have a membership.
    15. 7 hours
    16. Can I have a "cheat" meal everyday, does that count? Dessert!
    17. Yep, in moderation
    18. My fitness classes are my workout buddies!
    19. Healthy lifestyle has improved my energy, I have less headaches/stomach aches, I don't get sick as often, and it relieves stress. Yes please.
    20. Hm... I taught a seminar on core conditioning. Spreading the healthy wisdom!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i LOVE that you took the survey. also, i LOVE that you dig carrots and pb. it is the best combo ever.

      anyone else????

      Delete
  5. My inner nosy person thanks you for this survey :D And filling up a 2L jug has seriously been a godsend for me when it comes to making sure I drink enough water. Hope it works for you too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great minds think alike :)
    Beer is LOVE!

    ReplyDelete
  7. YES

    beer and wine and chocolate. mmmmmm

    you are a girl after my own heart :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love reading surveys! How do you handle the soy intolerance when you eat out? Do you just order something really simple like salad or do you make the waiter ask the chef, etc? And so has getting rid of soy "fixed" everything? If so, that's awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hey doll. i ask A LOT of questions when i go out to eat. and i never go to chains (if i can help it, at least) because most of that food is pre-packaged, etc. any decent restaurant will work with you to identify soy and substitute, when necessary.

      and eliminating soy hasn't fixed all my GI issues, but it has helped significantly so i keep that crap out of my body as much as possible! i hope you are well!!

      Delete
  9. Chocolate and beer! Nothing "bad" about those foods, they make life delicious :)

    ReplyDelete