Monday, December 3, 2012

weekend review: sometimes you just need pizza

 Figure 1. Saturday night's dinner: chicken picatta (8/10), orzo with lemon rind, and roasted Brussels sprouts with bacon, shallots, and garlic (8/10).

Figure 2. Sunday morning baking: chocolate chip protein bars (5/10; the taste of these is pretty good, but I couldn't get them out of the pan in one piece. For 100 calories and 8 grams of protein each - I ate them out of the baking sheet with a spoon - worth it.).

Figure 3. Sunday morning Food Blogger Cookie Swap cookie packaging! Stay tuned for the recipe and cookie photos!

Figure 4. Sunday night's dinner: fennel sausage and roasted pepper pizza and a spinach salad with toasted pecans, feta cheese, dried cranberries, and a homemade maple vinaigrette (8/10). I gave up on my plans of making an involved Sunday night dinner when faced with an insatiable last minute pizza and beer craving. Enter: frozen pizza. The frozen pizza from Target may be soy-free, but it is not good. I ate it (I mean who throws away perfectly good pizza), but won't be going back for the leftovers. The beer (and salad, obviously) on the other hand, was quite delicious.

10 comments:

  1. Protein bars look great! Things taste better when you eat them from them pan. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha! i never eat from the pan - this felt crazy to me. but, they were tasty and kept me really satisfied, actually. all that protein!

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. they did! i was so surprised, actually. i have never good with such restrictions before - it was certainly a learning process.

      Delete
  3. Frozen pizza is usually depressing. The tombstone ones are abnormally good though - especially loaded up with all sorts of extra veggies. Not sure if they're soy-free or not, but if they are...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. my boss swears by tombstone! like that is all he eats. i'll have to check the ingredient list...

      Delete
  4. what a great way to cook brussel sprouts, on my to do list now!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree on needing pizza! And I'm super excited that the protein bars tasted good - so long as the taste is there I'm not fussy about the texture! I'll give them a try... :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yeah taste is far more important that texture.

      Delete
  6. Yes, I would eat those bars straight out of the pan if necessary too!

    ReplyDelete