Thursday, February 2, 2012

my less serious day: let the crazy out

Just like the beginning of any healthy relationship, I have been hiding a bit of my crazy from you, dear blog readers, these first couple of months. I think it's time to tell you this:

I always eat my salads in mixing bowls and I often let a coin tell me what to have for dinner.

There...I said it. Do you still love me?

Wearing.

Jeans: GAP; cami: Old Navy; cardigan: J Crew; necklace: gifted via Mom; pumps: Miz Mooz via Piperlime

Doing.

This morning's workout was a 35-minute stationary bike ride (ramp interval) followed by a 15-minute walk with L. I also took L on a 10-minute walk on my lunch break. The day concluded with a 60-minute Body Pump class. This week I increased my squat weight and I.am.sore.

Eating.


Pre-run I had 1/2 banana, 1/2 mug of black coffee, and 1 pint of water. For breakfast I had a (you guessed it) bowl of Kashi GoLean Original mixed with Post Great Grains Raisins, Dates, & Pecans cereals, 1/2 sliced banana, and almond milk.


Lunch was a mixing bowl salad beast with spinach, green cabbage, broccoli, roasted red peppers, onion, dates, peanuts, hummus, and balsamic vinegar.


My afternoon snack was a piece of whole wheat bread with peanut butter and cinnamon.


Heads meant dinner was a massive quantity of roasted Brussels sprouts and eggplant, a Morning star chicken patty, and ketchup.


Dessert was plain Greek yogurt, chocolate sprinkles (which make me happy), and honey.

Note: this post represents what happened in my world on Wednesday, February 1. 

16 comments:

  1. Always trust the all-wise coin. When it comes to major decisions, it'll never steer you wrong.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for commenting on my blog!! I LOVE yours. I will be following it from now on.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just found your blog and I'm so glad I did! I can't wait to come back when I have more time and look around. :) I'm your newest follower.

    Have a great Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Greek yogurt and honey...yum. One of my favourite desserts! I love how glam you look today!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Salad looks good! I have been wanting huge salads every day this week! I just had a really BIG one from Earl of Sandwich.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hmm,I'm curious. What would have happened if you had gotten the other side of the coin?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha! i was wondering if someone was going to ask that. tails meant i made the brussels and eggplant, but instead of chicken patty and ketchup i would have added scrambled eggs and soy sauce. :)

      Delete
  7. Brussel sprouts.....fantastic

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOVE your outfit!! and the coin idea...no that's actually smart. I'd waste so much less time and brainspace if I did that haha!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I lovelovelove that sweater! You are adorable.
    I always eat my salads out of mixing bowls, and top my veggies (well, almost everything actually) with ketchup. Annies Organic Ketchup is the best!

    ReplyDelete
  10. love, love, love the cardigan! :)

    I, too, take TONS of pictures of my outfits. I'm without a full length mirror right now and am definitely going through withdrawals!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Shoot, I mistyped my blog address. Grrr

      http://www.justtheurbancowgirl.net

      Delete