Monday, December 24, 2012

Christmas Appetizer Night recap

Every year, a few days before Christmas, we have 'Christmas Appetizer Night' - a night where we cook too much food and eat too much cheese. It is perfect and delicious. Here is what we made this year:

The spread.

 Southwestern sweet potato bites made by my Sister-in-Law.

Bbq cups (a family recipe) made by Mom.

Creamy Brussels sprout shallot dip made by me (the entire family loved this!). We served this with raw veggies and blue corn tortilla chips.

Baked avocado salsa made by Mom.

Pizza pockets with homemade pizza dough made by my lovely Sister-in-Law. Some had cheese, some had sundried tomatoes, some had broccoli. 

Bang bang shrimp from Bonefish Grill. Yeah, these aren't homemade, but they are absolutely delicious and no appetizer night is complete without them.

Mint chocolate candy cane cake made by me. A delicious and festive end to one of my favorite nights of the year.

Happy My Less Serious Holidays!

7 comments:

  1. I love the idea of having a pre-Christmas get together like this! All the food here looks delicious - especially that creamy Brussels sprouts dip and the chocolate peppermint cake. I have that one pinned!

    ReplyDelete
  2. All I can say is YUM. Especially that cake. Have a great holiday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Holy wow... That would definitely be one of my favorite nights of the year as well... so much delicious food! I'm currently more or less in the middle of a sugar coma, but I can't deny that the chocolate cake is calling to me...

    ReplyDelete
  4. everything looks so delicious! those sweet potato bites, total yum

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh wow! Everything looks so good!! Hope you have a Merry Christmas!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my, that cake looks incredible! Merry Christmas to you and your family, Sara!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! Your family makes some delicious looking holiday snacks! Hope your holiday was lovely!

    ReplyDelete