Wednesday, December 12, 2012

what i ate wednesday: issue 61

The Great Food Blogger Cookie Swap 2012




My post for The Great Food Blogger Cookie Swap 2012 will be posted later today, but in the meantime - I couldn't resist fitting in my weekly WIAW post. Enjoy.

 Figure 1. Breakfast: a bowl of Kellogg's All Bran, Arrowhead Mills puffed wheat, cocoa powder, a sliced banana, and almond + cow milk. Cocoa powder in cereal is amazing.

Figure 2. Mid-morning snack: Ezekiel Sprouted Grains toast with peanut butter.

Figure 3. Lunch (out to eat): a huge spinach salad with blue cheese, walnuts, green apples, and turkey bacon. A slice of house-made whole wheat bread on the side.

Figure 4. Afternoon snack: an apple, yo.

Figure 5. Dinner: leftover broccoli-spinach soup, Ezekiel Sprouted Grain toast with avocado and kosher salt, and leftover sweet potato-apple mash topped with slivered almonds and a drizzle of honey.

Figure 6. Dessert: a soy- and gluten-free double chocolate cranberry cookie from Sara @ Pidge's Pantry I received for the cookie swap. These.are.amazing.

And that concludes another What I Ate Wednesday (featuring what I ate Tuesday, December 11).





17 comments:

  1. Your lunch salad sounds to die for!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sweet potato-apple mash with almonds look like a great combo!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. the almonds were a great addition for the bonus of texture. this mash will happen again. soon.

      Delete
  3. I love that salad! It reminds me of the fugi apple from Penera. :) My favorite! I love blue cheese on a salad!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That salad looks like a winner. I love stinky cheeses on salad - need to buckle down and get myself a package of gorgonzola at Publix so I can stop spending $6 a pop on lunches!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha i hear that. it all balances out in the end.

      Delete
  5. I am still digging that soup you made!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm loving that pile of blue cheese on the salad! I bet it was delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've never thought of putting avocado on toast, but I bet it would be pretty tasty. You really can't go wrong with avocado.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ah avocado toast is one of those things i learned from reading other food blogs. it is perfection.

      Delete
  8. That sweet potato apple mash sounds (and looks) awesome. And like always, after seeing your breakfast I want to sit down to a big bowl of cereal. Haha :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. The amount of blue cheese on that salad has me droooooooling. I want!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Cocoa powder in cereal is a necessity :)! It's bringing that hint of "chocolate" feeling to breakfast. I actually enjoy it when not all of it is properly stirred in leaving a few cocoa blobs, haha.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha i tried it on a whim and now i am addicted.

      Delete