Monday, December 10, 2012

weekend review: back to normal

Thank you everyone for all of your support given my last post. Everything is back to normal, which, in part, means delicious healthy meals made by yours truly. Happy Monday.


Figure 2. Friday night's dinner: butternut squash mac and cheese with caramelized onions, bacon, and apple (9.5/10; out of all the pumpkin/butternut squash creamy pasta dishes I have made, this one is the best. Hands down) and a spinach salad.

Figure 3. Saturday night's dinner: broccoli-spinach soup (7/10) with a whole-wheat English muffin with melty sharp cheddar cheese. After a day of back-to-back Christmas parties filled with cheese and dips and wine - coming back to a big bowl of healthy soup was just what I needed.

Figure 4. Sunday night's dinner: maple glazed grilled chicken drumsticks (7/10), roasted sweet potato and apple mash (8/10), and balsamic roasted Brussels sprouts (6/10). Yum.

7 comments:

  1. Sara! So glad things are back to normal for you! :) These meals look delicious! Especially the mac n cheese. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad that everything is back on an upswing - and cant I just say that I want to swim in that macaroni? I have a squash that I desperately need to use up - I think that just may be the way to do it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad to hear that everything is back to good for you, Sara :) That mac&cheese looks ridiculously good. I've only had a butternut pasta dish once and it wasn't really anything to write home about. Might have to give this one a try since it looks kind of epically amazing...

    ReplyDelete
  4. that soup looks awesome, I have been really into having warm foods like that now that winter has hit

    ReplyDelete
  5. that mac and cheese would be a huge hit in my house! glad things are back to normal

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm glad to hear everything's okay for you again, Sara! Wow to the Mac & Cheese which looks like the best of comfort food.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So glad everything is going better for you now! Looks like delicious food to get you back into the swing of things!

    ReplyDelete