Tuesday, December 11, 2012

my less serious day: soul mate


I was at this Christmas party Saturday night and had spent 3 solid hours packing away creamy sausage dip, piles of baked brie, and glasses of red wine. I was just about to succumb to another drink when my boyfriend turned to me and said, "Hey, you want to get out of here and go get some broccoli?"

Soul mate.
 
Wearing.

Jeans: GAP; top & belt: Loft; necklace: Talbots; pumps: Miz Mooz.

Doing.

Over lunch, I attended a 60-minute Body Pump class. After work, I went back to the gym for a 60-minute Zumba class. Life has interrupted my workouts lately and I hadn't been to the gym in an entire week - so going twice in one day seemed like a good solution today.

Eating.


Breakfast was a bowl of Kellogg's All Bran, Arrowhead Puffed Wheat, cocoa powder, a banana, and a combination of cow and almond milk.I also had a oatmeal peanut butter ball as a morning snack.


Lunch was a spinach salad topped with fresh parsley, grape tomatoes, carrots, slivered almonds, an Amy's Sonoma burger, and cottage cheese. I topped this salad with salt, pepper, Italian seasonings, balsamic vinegar, and ketchup. I had an apple and almonds for afternoon snack.


Dinner was roasted eggplant, broccoli, and red pepper tossed with a Trader Joe's Chicken sausage alongside wild mushroom couscous (Near East).


Dessert: Chocolate Chex for the win.

Note: this post represents what happened in my world on Monday, December 10. 

7 comments:

  1. Isn't it crazy how your body starts craving healthy things after one too many brie slices? (Although, c'mon, it's Brie, it takes a lot to have too many!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. um, yeah. baked brie is freakin' awesome. i went to 2 parties, actually, and both had baked brie and i ate it both places. can't get enough.

      Delete
  2. So.sweet. Did you actually go get broccoli? Or did you just leave the party?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We totally went and ate that broccoli-spinach soup featured on my blog yesterday. Perfect.

      Delete
  3. girl that dinner looks amazing. i like this style of post.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My body craves veggie too after too much indulging. I went to a Christmas party last week and instead of joining my coworkers at a fast food place for a late night snack, I went home and had some sweet potato mash and kale. True story :)

    ReplyDelete