Wednesday, August 24, 2011

my less serious day: banh mi bliss

If someone made me a giant banh mi the size of my bed, I would gladly sleep inside, cozied up in crispy baguette, a mattress of fatty pork and fresh cilantro.

Wearing.

Skirt: LOFT outlet; tank: J Crew outlet; cardigan: Gap outlet; belt: Banana outlet; necklace: gift from my beau, M; wedges: Frye via 6pm.

Doing.

This morning's workout was a 35-minute stationary bike ride (ramp interval) and 15-mintue walk with L. And, you know me and my love for short walks, so I fit in two more 10-minute walks, one post-lunch and one post-afternoon workout. After work I hit the gym for a 15-minute run around the track (working pace), a 15-minute stationary bike ride (hills), and a 60-minute Body Pump class.  

Eating.

The morning started with a bowl of Fiber One Frosted Shredded Wheat cereal with blueberries and almond milk. Since I was going out to lunch I had a large pre-lunch Golden Delicious apple to tame my hunger (photographed below with my afternoon snack).


A friend of mine and I faithfully get banh mi's at a local Vietnamese restuarant at least once a month. Today was that day. First, we shared an order of Goi Cuon (Vietnamese spring rolls with bean sprouts, steamed rice vermicelli, lettuce, pork, and shrimp wrapped in rice paper, and served with peanut sauce).


I always order an original banh mi (pork cold cuts and Asian bacon on French bread with cucumber, carrots, fresh cilantro, jalapeno, pate, and house sauce). Without fail, this lunch causes delighted outbursts of profanity. Yes, it is that good.


For a snack in the afternoon, I had carrot and green pepper strips.


Dinner was an over-sized baked salmon, kale, and spinach salad with carrots, red onions, pickled beets, tomatoes, blueberries, and goat cheese dressed with balsamic vinegar, olive oil, honey, salt, pepper, and oregano. Dessert was Greek yogurt with a crumbled up Fiber One chocolate peanut butter brownie and a drizzle of honey.

2 comments:

  1. hey lady! loving your blog. i started my own to document my time in savannah (savannahsceneryandstyle through wordpress) - still a work in progress at this moment.

    i'm craving vietnamese food. there was a vietnamese restaurant on every corner in portland. i need to find one in savannah!

    ReplyDelete