Tuesday, August 16, 2011

my less serious day: a diet coke kind of day

Some people do crack, I do Diet Coke.

Wearing.

Pencil skirt and top: LOFT; belt: TJ Maxx; necklace: mom; shoes: Tsubo via 6pm.com

Doing.

My morning started with a delightfully 'cool' 30-minute run at working pace with the L-ster. As usual, I did two 10-15 minutes walks during the day (one after lunch and one with L when I returned home in the evening). My afternoon workout was a 60-minute cycling class (it was the first class of the semester, so it was a cycling 'sampler').

Eating.
 

Breakfast was a bowl of Cascadian Farms Hearty Morning Fiber cereal (look for a review tomorrow) with blueberries and almond milk.


Lunch was a Smart Ones frozen entree. This afternoon was rough, and at 2:00 I couldn't face the remaining hours without a little jolt. I do what I try to only do about once a month at the very most - I bought a super-massive (20 oz) Diet Coke* from the vending machine. I drank about half, sharpied my name on the bottle to prevent fridge stealage, and pummeled through the remainder of the afternoon. In addition, my afternoon food snack was my go-to choice, a Pink Lady apple and a handful of almonds and golden raisins.


Dinner was a fantastically massive baked chicken (olive oil and balsamic vinegar) spinach salad with tomatoes, red onion, red bell pepper, carrots, pickled beets (from my friend's mom, so good!), and goat cheese crumbles with Kraft Light Done Right House Italian dressing. All accompanied by a slice of toasted Arnold Hearty Fiber bread with a schmear of Benecol. Dessert was a Fiber One chocolate peanut butter brownie.

*I mention my diet coke intake today because it is highly unusual and I try to avoid it. You may notice that I never post any other beverages on the 'my less serious day' posts. I do consume beverages, but do not post them if it falls into my normal consumption routine - because it is highly uninteresting and because it is negligible calorie-wise (although so is Diet Coke). I always drink black coffee in the morning, a lot of water throughout the day, and Crystal Light Pink Lemonade in the evening. Anything else will be posted!

2 comments:

  1. How do you bake your chicken?
    I must admit a Fiber One bar doesn't strike me as a yummy dessert, I'll have to give them a try. Do they sell them in the bakery section?

    ReplyDelete
  2. @PJ.

    The chicken (which wasn't my favorite, but it worked) I just put in a baking dish with a few sprays of PAM and tossed the chicken in 1/4 tsp olive oil and a few splashes of balsalmic vingear. I then baked on 375 for 12 minutes.

    Fiber One bars aren't bad...they satisfy my sweetooth. Just can't compare them to regular brownies. They are sold where the granola bars are - the only chocolate ones are better.

    ReplyDelete