Friday, January 4, 2013

Christmas Day & New Years Eve recap

Things will return to normal around here next week, but in the meantime - here are a few recap pictures from Christmas Day and New Years Eve.

Figure 1. The Christmas Day dinner table including: honey-baked ham, mac & cheese, broccoli casserole, and a spinach salad with maple-vinaigrette.

Figure 2. A closeup of the mac & cheese. With 20 ounces of cheese, you know this beast was amazing.

Figure 3. A closeup of Mom's broccoli casserole. She lightened this up on the fly, substituting yogurt/sour cream for the mayo and making her own 'cream of' soup from scratch to avoid using the gunk in the can. Maybe she'll share the recipe with us???

Figure 4. My plate times like 5,000.

Figure 5. My casual New Years Eve outfit: top Anthropologie; jeans: Gap; booties: Steve Madden; necklace/earrings: borrowed from Mom.

Figure 6. Gin and tonics happened.

Figure 7. And now...green smoothies are happening as I transition back to reality.

10 comments:

  1. Please, Ms. Serious, can the casserole be your next less serious momma post???

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am obsessed with your new years eve outfit, you look hott! I am going to attempt to recreate for myself!

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow that casserole sounds delicious! and your new years ever outfit is so cute :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Maple Vinaigrette was awesome for the spinach salad. It is rare that I find myself going back for seconds on salad but I thought it would be inappropriate to just drink the dressing...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I need to convince my mom to start including Mac&Cheese in our holiday dinners. Either that or I'm going to start spending holidays with you >:D

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow what a great way to ring in the new year. love your outfit!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your Anthropologie top! Did you get it recently?

    And everything looks delicious in this post... except for the gin and tonics. I haven't been able to even look at gin without feeling sick after a bad night involving gin a few years ago. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Malaysia & Singapore & brunei best online blogshop for wholesale & supply korean accessories,
    earrings, earstuds, necklace, rings, bangle, trinket & hair accessories.

    Promotion 35 % wholesale rebate. Ship Worldwide
    Feel free to surf my webpage local tradesman

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy New Year, Sara (yes, I know it's late)! Wow, your NYE outfit is great - especially that top. And borrowing jewelry (and clothes in my case) from moms is totally neccessary when I'm at my parents', too :D.

    ReplyDelete