Wednesday, January 16, 2013

what i ate wednesday: issue 64

Stupid life. Getting in the way of my motivation and energy for creating and eating exciting food. Lately, my meals and snacks are the same day after day. Quick, easy, nutritious, aaaaand redundant.

 Figure 1. Breakfast: All Bran mixed with puffed wheat, a banana, and copious amounts of cocoa powder and milk.

Figure 2. Morning snack: I've been getting up so early these days I have had to add more food to my morning otherwise I'm eating lunch at 10 AM. Ezekiel sprouted grain toast smothered in peanut butter.

Figure 3. Lunch: this isn't glamorous, but it's reality. A chocolate-vanilla-peanut butter green smoothie with a side of applied statistics.

Figure 4. Afternoon snack: an apple, almonds, and sparkling water.

Figure 5. Dinner: I mustered something delicious and filling up - sweet potato fried dipped in agave nectar and a veggie-egg scramble with sauteed green onion, mushrooms, and zucchini all dipped is glorious ketchup.

Figure 6. Dessert: this is simple - days like these need to end in chocolate. And one piece isn't enough.

And that concludes another What I Ate Wednesday (featuring what I ate Tuesday, January 15).



17 comments:

  1. I often feel the same way! Sometimes I just don't have time or the motivation to eat super exciting things.

    Yes. Yes the days must always end in chocolate. <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. I eat redundant too, but as long as it "good" stuff, I'm okay with that! Happy WIAW :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have been feeling very redundant lately too and I think it's showing with the low number of blog posts...oops!

    Your food all looks so tasty!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. no worries gabby - i know you are super busy with being back to school....

      Delete
  4. Hey, if your enjoying certain foods why change it up?? =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I need to start re creating your breakfasts, for real

    ReplyDelete
  6. Redundant or not, your eats are still looking mighty tasty :D I'm the same way with eating the same foods when life gets busy. I just don't care enough to put effort into coming up with new meals.

    ReplyDelete
  7. For some reason I just love looking at sliced sweet potatoes. So pretty! haha. And I'm the same way with repetition. But really, if you like it, we don't mind :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. One piece of chocolate is never ever enough :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Let me assure you everything still looks tasty though I get your longing for a change. I hope you'll find more time to relax on the weekend! And is one piece of chocolate ever enough :D?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i hope i can find that time too miss polka!

      Delete
  10. Your pile o' veggies dinners always look so tasty and make me want to get off my computer to go roast some up!

    ReplyDelete
  11. mmm thats how dinner should always look - piled high with loadsa roasted veggies - my fave!

    ReplyDelete
  12. That is my FAVOURITE green smoothie (except I don't usually include cocoa powder - I have to try this!). Great eats as always girl!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Everything looks so yummy! I am getting bananas tonight (ran out) but I am dying to try your green smoothie, others I have tried just haven't done it for me.
    xo Emily @ Hungry Delights

    ReplyDelete