Friday, January 11, 2013

my less serious day: first day

So I wore purple tights on my first day teaching as a college professor. That either makes me super cool or completely awkward and inappropriate. Let's just go with super cool...
 
Wearing.

Dress: Macy's; cardigan: J Crew; tights: unknown; necklace: Loft; pumps: Miz Mooz.

Doing.

Before teaching, I did a 35-minute ramp interval workout on my stationary bike. After work, despite my post-teaching headache, I hit the gym for a 60-minute Turbo Kick class.Ten minutes in and my headache was gone and I felt great. Ah, the power of a good workout....

Eating.


Breakfast was a bowl of Kellogg's All Bran, Arrowhead Puffed Wheat, cocoa powder, a banana, and a combination of cow and almond milk.


Lunch was a chocolate-vanilla-peanut butter green smoothie.


My snack was a bowl of plain Greek yogurt with Cascadian Farms Ancient Grains granola.


Dinner was sweet potato chips dipped in agave nectar alongside roasted Brussels sprouts mixed with eggs (2 whites + 1 whole egg) and 1/2 avocado.

Dessert was SOO an (un-pictured) pudding cup with whipped cream.

Note: this post represents what happened in my world on Tuesday, January 8. 

8 comments:

  1. Definitely going with super cool!

    Congrats on day one down. Better than you thought it would be?

    ReplyDelete
  2. that dinner is making me drool... so good

    ReplyDelete
  3. Purple tights makes you super cool. Just an FYI :) And another smoothie for lunch? You're the reason I did that that the other day, and you may have just created a monster :P

    ReplyDelete
  4. How exciting about it being your first day teaching! How was it? Hope it went really well. And purple tights are definitely cool!

    ReplyDelete
  5. YES, super cool! You look amazing! I agree, workouts always make me feel better.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well I think you're super cool...just sayin'....;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your super cool for sure! Sighhh I wish I had all your food - every single meal you eat makes me so hungry!
    xo Emily @ Hungry Delights

    ReplyDelete